Monday, October 27, 2014

Fan commentary for 2013 film 'Coherence'

I was quite taken with the film Coherence, which a friend suggested I download from iTunes. Being in Canada, iTunes wouldn't let me, but I figured a way around it; contact me at prooffreader at gmail dot com if you want the deets.

Briefly, Coherence is a microbudget ($50 000) film, taking place at a dinner party, when a comet passing overhead seems to be changing the very nature of reality itself... it's got Emily Foxler, aka Emily Baldoni, with a terrific performance; Nicholas Brendon (Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Elizabeth Gracen from Highlander: The Series and others in an ensemble cast.

I enjoyed the film so much I made this. The film is not widely released, so my competition was low. Hopefully that will change!

I track (no spoilers) all the Hughs and Amirs, the glowsticks, the objects in the box, the houses, I try to determine what people know when and what their motivations are when it's a little opaque, and I try to figure out what exactly is going on with the person in the bathroom at the end. And I wax philosophical, humorous (I think; I hope!) and analytical. Or perhaps I wane, who knows?

Link to Audio File at yourlisten.com:


Link to Video File on YouTube:
(Basically an audio file with a screenshot of the film every 30 seconds on average)



Link to the film's Wikipedia page

Link to the film's IMDB page

• • •

1 comment:

  1. Science fiction and marvel movies are entirely a different thing than movies based on real life. It makes us imagine what would happen if things that are yet impossible today become possible in the future.

    ReplyDelete